In recent years, hackathons have gone digital. They’ve changed from 100% physical 48-hour events to hybrid competitions that start online and finish at real-life events – what’s known as O2O (Online to Offline) hackathons. We’ve listed the five main benefits of this type of hackathon below.
1) They attract participants with a more diverse range of profiles
2) They attract more participants
3) They are suited to all industries and business sectors
4) They result in more complete projects
5) They generate more engagement and enthusiasm from participants
The advantages of O2O hackathons